University Centre Grimsby

Find out more about support available at your university or college.

1. NHS Talking Therapies

A service for anyone in North East Lincolnshire aged 16+ offering support for mild to moderate mental health difficulties including low mood, anxiety and depression.

Find out more information about NHS Talking Therapies

2. 24/7 Mental Health Phoneline

The 24/7 support service offers professional advice to anyone in North East Lincolnshire who is seeing their mental health affected in any way.

We're on hand 24 hours a day to offer guidance on any anxiety you may be struggling with, including isolation and loneliness.

We can also signpost and support on a range of mental health issues including depression, suicidal thoughts and self-harm.

The helpline is for people of all ages and can be accessed by anyone — whether you're already using our services or not.

Phone: 01472 256256 (Option 3)

3. Chaplaincy Team

Our Chaplaincy Team can provide pastoral and spiritual care. They offer reflective, non-judgmental listening regardless of culture, faith and beliefs.


4. Women's Aid North East Lincolnshire

Need help or someone to talk to? If you are experiencing any form of domestic abuse, you can ring for support.

Phone: 01472 575757


5. Police

If you are concerned for your own or someone else’s immediate safety always ring the Police on 999.

Alternatively you can ring the Police for a non-emergency on 101.

6. The Blue Door

The Blue Door provide support for victims of domestic abuse and sexual violence through advice, advocacy and therapeutic services.

Phone: 0800 197 47 87


7. Safeguarding Team

Our Safeguarding Team are available if you have any concerns or worries. Please contact them on the Duty Mobile, 07920 860241, if you require immediate advice or support. For less urgent matters you can also contact them via email:

8. Disability Officer

The Disability Officer can support students in ​making a DSA application, which can involve guidance on filling in the correct application forms and the acquiring of appropriate evidence.

They also liaise with external agencies such as Student Finance England, the DSA team and Needs Assessors, again with the purpose of supporting students in their DSA application.

Disability Officers also assist with the allocation of resources and liaise with both exams staff and curriculum staff to ensure all reasonable adjustments are in place if required and advise on support resources for the wide range of students.


9. Student Financial Support

Financial support for students is available. Please let us know if you require urgent financial assistance as we may be able to help.


10. Accommodation and Housing Issues

For more information regarding our Hall of Residence visit this page.

If you are experiencing accommodation issues, require housing related support, or are at risk of becoming homeless, you will need to contact North East Lincolnshire Council.

Last reviewed: 5 April 2024