University of the Arts London

Find out what support is available at your university or college. The information on this page was compiled by the institution themselves to ensure accuracy.

1. Counselling, Health Advice & Chaplaincy Service

We offer students the following services:

  • Counselling for personal, emotional and psychological issues that impact on student functioning and engagement with their studies.
  • Support to help students with transition and adjustment to being both in higher education and in London.
  • Assessment and management of risk related to suicide and self-harm.
  • Advice and support for emerging mental health concerns, enduring complex mental health conditions and responding to crises and breakdowns (eg, psychosis, self-harm, eating disorders, clinical depression, severe anxiety disorder and other complex mental health conditions).
  • Help to access NHS health services and to coordinate support.
  • Support for long-term physical health conditions (eg cancer, HIV, hepatitis, epilepsy, diabetes).
  • Support for spiritual and faith issues.

Find out more about the Counselling, Health Advice & Chaplaincy Service

2. Disability Service

UAL is committed to achieving inclusion and equality for disabled students.

The Disability Service arranges adjustments and support for disabled students. Over 3500 students at the University are in contact with us. We work with students who are disabled according to the Equality Act 2010. This includes students who have:

  • Dyslexia or another Specific Learning Difference
  • A sensory impairment
  • A physical impairment
  • A long-term health or mental health condition
  • Autism
  • Another long-term condition which has an impact on your day-to-day life

We offer advice before you begin your course and at any stage of your student journey.

Find out more about the Disability Service

3. Student Advice

Our service provides support related to fees and funding:

  • Applying to UK funding agencies for finance, and any issues related to eligibility, assessments and payments.
  • Applying to the University for financial support
  • Applying for state benefits, for those students who are eligible, and any issues related to assessment, payments and correspondence with the various agencies
  • Applying for additional educational funds from other sources

We also provide advice and guidance about UK visas and immigration:

  • Applying for visas and permission to remain in the UK as a student, including any issues related to eligibility, applications and anything related to the outcomes of applications.
  • Understanding the requirements of the immigration rules in relation to duties around work, study, police registration and other legal requirements.
    Information on the other immigration routes available to students, graduates and their families.

Find out more about Student Advice

Last reviewed: 20 October 2020